Q: Can I get a signed bookplate for my copy of your book?
P.O. Box 4525
Burlington, VT 05406-4525
Q: How about a signed copy of one of your books? Where can I get those?
Q: I want to send you a letter. Where do I send it?
My address is:
P.O. Box 4525
Burlington, VT 05406-4525
You can also email me or leave me a message on Facebook or connect with me on Twitter or comment on one of my blogs.
There is one caveat: I can’t read your manuscript or story or pitch letter. I have some advice below for you, but for many reasons, some involving my already packed schedule and others involving laws and stuff, I can’t read your draft, though I’m sure it’s awesome!
Q: I want to see your smiling face! Do you have any events in my area?
If I’m not coming to your area, talk to your teacher or local librarian about hosting me for an event at your school or library. Right now I am not travelling outside of Vermont, but I would love to do a virtual visit with you via Skype. Check my School Visits page for more information!
Q: How about my school or library? Will you come do an event there?
Q: I’m writing a report about you for school and I need to know stuff about you!
- Where did you grow up? Ridgewood, NJ
- When were you born? I am a pisces. That’s all you’re getting! ☺
- Where do you live now? Burlington, Vermont
- Do you have any pets? I have three pets! Two dogs, Peter and Kerry, both pug mixes, and a purebred Maine Coon cat named Oscar.
- Did you grow up with pets? Yes! Lots! Check out My Life in Dogs for all their stories!
- Do you have any siblings? One brother.
- Are you married? Yes!
- Where did you go to High School? Ridgewood High School in Ridgewood, NJ.
- Did you go to college? Yes! I went to Williams College in Williamstown, MA.
- Did you go to grad school? Yes! I have a law degree (J.D.) from Fordham University and an M.F.A. in Creative Writing and Literature from Bennington College in Bennington, VT.
Q: I love dogs! Do you love dogs?
Q: What about cats? Guinea pigs? Fish? Horses?
Q: What’s your favorite movie?
- Favorite movie to watch over and over again: Somewhere between Ghostbusters and When Harry Met Sally…
- Favorite Ingmar Bergman film: Persona
- Favorite Animated Film: Somewhere between All Dogs Go To Heaven and WALL-E
- Favorite Action Film: The Fifth Element
- Favorite Movie Starring Katherine Hepburn: Holiday, though Bringing Up Baby and Philadelphia Story are amazing.
- Favorite Hitchcock Film: North by Northwest
- Favorite Stars Wars Film: I know you’re supposed to say Empire, but I love the original Star Wars.
- Favorite Woody Allen Film: Crimes and Misdemeanors
- Favorite Movie I’ve Seen In Recent Years: Inglorious Basterds
- Favorite Movie From Childhood: Legend, though I also loved Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal, and also non-fantasy stuff like The Goonies, Weird Science, Better Off Dead, Say Anything, The Breakfast Club, and St. Elmo’s Fire. My girlfriends and I in fact sat around once casting ourselves in St. Elmo’s Fire. I ended up as the psycho, coke-abusing Demi Moore. As a side note, in college, when my a cappella group did a Spice Girls number, I was Scary Spice…I feel a trend building here…
- Favorite Kurosawa Film: Throne of Blood
- Favorite Bond: I love Daniel Craig, but plot wise, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service is the most moving.
- Favorite Adam Sandler Film: 50 First Dates
- Favorite Movie Based on A Book: The Neverending Story and The Princess Bride
Did I answer your question? ☺
Q: What’s with the squid?
Q: You totally didn’t answer that question. So, about the squid?
Q: I am an aspiring children’s/YA writer. Do you have any advice for me?
For more on this, check out my Blog — there’s a whole section on Writing.
(If you want to hear my thoughts on some aspect of writing I haven’t covered yet, please email me and let me know what you’d like to hear about…☺)